Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Running like a maniac!

So I got up early, put the running clothing on and hit the treadmill 4 miles at a 5.o pace taking 64.49 minuets to complete. I started my warm up with a half mile walk first so that I was very warmed up. It feels good to know that I really can move at a faster pace then what I did last year at this same time. Last year I would run up my stair case and have to stop just to catch my breath at the top back then. Now no big deal I could actually run all 28 steps several times and still be breathing with ease.

Maybe for New Years I will try the exercises workout called sledding and walking up and down the mountain to make it happen. My kids think that will be the best event yet! Will get back to you on that event later. Maybe I will see if I can fit into my old college day ski bibs that are packed somewhere in the old winter gear. If they fit I will really know that this body has arrived.

Posting this under p3 but I am really sucking at doing a good p3 right this time because there is no following the rules in a considerate measure. I already ate starch last night and keep dipping into the oatmeal granola bars that I created. They are so good but yet again because there is no pretty wrapping on it the Little guy is not really impressed with them so he wont try them. GGGGRRRRRRR. The candy sources are all gone in the house so now he is being forced to eat good today and I did catch him with a bag of carrots not that he had eaten any though. He made me eat three thank goodness for one healthy treat.

Chewy Granola Bars
(makes 9 servings)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped dates (we had to use raisins couldn't find any dates)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, toasted ( opps almost burned them the first time)
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted (we didn't toast them though)
1 cup chocolate chips dark ( our own variation)
Heat oven to 350F. In a bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press mixture into greased foil-lined 9" square baking pan. Bake 20 min. let cool completely. Cut into Squares.
Developed by Deborah Barrett found in First for Women (been looking for a recipe like this for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment